Hands-on innovation course in Fall 2023 – UZH Innovathon: The Digitalization of Mobility
9. June 2023
The special course and open innovation format “UZH Innovathon: The Digitalization of Mobility”, developed by the DSI community mobility together with the UZH Innovation Hub, will take place again in Fall 2023.
Students have the opportunity to experience and enjoy events and workshops at the offices of our prestigious partners:
The unique course is open for Master and Doctoral students from any UZH faculty and eligible for 6 ECTS. Students will dive deep into the interdisciplinary nature of the digitalization of mobility, taught by lecturers from the DSI Mobility Community. In the second part of the course, equipped with an innovation manual and guided by experienced facilitators and researchers, students develop creative solutions to real-world challenges from the presently highly relevant developments around the digitalization of mobility.
Challenges are proposed by industry partners, examples from past years are: How do we enhance the attractiveness of ride-sharing services for people who own a car? How can travel apps be designed to target the needs of young people? How can we enhance safety in trains by innovative ideas? And how can digitalization optimize the use of different means of transportation to be more sustainable?
By tackling such challenges, students can contribute to a world where mobility is connected, autonomous, post-fossil, and clean – a future that promotes health, environmental sustainability, and economic growth.
The course offers a unique opportunity to enhance the students personal and professional growth:
- experience the challenges and advantages of working in interdisciplinary teams
- grow a network with like-minded peers, researchers, and practitioners
- learn about the digitalization of mobility from the perspective of several disciplines and broaden the knowledge base
- acquire invaluable innovation and presentation skills through hands-on experience and expert guidance
- receive 6 ECTS points
- make an impact by developing innovative solutions that address real challenges and contribute to a more sustainable and connected future.
Dates: Sept 14th to Oct 6th, 2023 (teamwork), until mid Nov (individual work)
Venues: Ginetta, Google and UZH Digital Society Initiative offices
Learn more: www.digitalinnovation.uzh.ch/innovathon/mobility
Register: In the UZH Module booking system, between 16.08.2023 and 29.08.2023.
Contact: Direct any open questions with an email to email@example.com